Evolve Cosmetic’s expert for natural skincare Christelle Thiart shares her Top Beauty Hacks for 2017
All of us want to have natural, younger looking skin without having to put too much effort in to it. Evolve’s very own Christelle shares her top tips which are guaranteed to have you looking young, fresh and vibrant and get people asking why you are looking so good lately.
- Dermaplaning/Epiblading – Ever try shaving a skin layer off your face? This new anti aging treatment is a bit of a hot trend at the moment as It’s a good way to remove peach fuzz and dead surface skin cells, although this is a treatment which preferably is done by a professional, it’s a quick non-invasive treatment with immediate results. Dermaplaning also provides the perfect surface for effective cleansing, moisturising and other skin treatments that enliven the skin. Old, dead skin cells that form a barrier against such treatments are removed and younger, more responsive cells are exposed. Epiblading is one of the best cost effective treatments to help with exfoliation, however there are also some other alternatives listed below.
- Pineapple – The bromelain contained in pineapples naturally exfoliates skin when used topically. If you have a delicious pineapple lying around, why not stick a few chunks in to a blender and then apply it to your skin? A nice, natural cost-effective exfoliation solution!
- Papaya/Pawpaw – The papain enzyme inside a pawpaw counters free radical skin damage and also chews up all the dead skins cells like bromelain in pineapple does. So, next time you buy a pawpaw, you can mash it up and apply it to your skin for a youthful glow.
- Apple cider vinegar with “the mother” – Acting as an Alpha hydroxyl acid, ACV eliminates dead surface cells, lowers skin’s pH and accelerates cellular growth. Skin can only be healthy when its pH is in a natural acidic state. Healthy skin has a pH of 4.5-5.5. Three times in a week in the morning or evening take a cotton pad, pour some ACV on it and wipe your skin. If the acidity is too strong for you, you can wet the cotton pad before applying to your face. ACV is an effective topical treatment for acne.
- Aloe Vera – is nature’s pharmacy in a plant. Aloe Vera stimulates the growth of new skin cells, and accelerates the healing time of wounds and blemishes. Aloe naturally penetrates deeper into the dermis, providing moisturising and nourishing benefits. Aloe balances and acts as a natural humectant, drawing moisture to the skin’s surface to promoting a radiant glow. It also protects the skin by supporting the cells’ own immune functions. For a natural treatment, slice an aloe leaf open to expose the inner gel: apply it directly to the surface of your skin. You can also scrape out the gel, mash it with your fingers in the palm of your hand and apply directly onto your skin.
- Coconut Kinetin – Kinetin is a plant hormone found in the liquid portion of the young coconut. Kinetin is known for its anti-ageing benefits, gently reversing lines and wrinkles. Just break the shell and pour some of the liquid straight onto your skin. Or you can pour the liquid in a spray bottle and spray some directly on your skin. It’s a bit sticky so do it in the evening before you go to bed and wash it off in the morning.
Treatments that dramatically enhance the health and beauty of your skin don’t have be expensive or contain strong chemicals. The list above provides you with a natural, healthier way to look and feel your very best and have your skin glow with a vibrancy that everyone will notice.